13 posts
13 topics

Town/Community: SimCity
Tagline:
Favorite Item: Wooden Axe
Discord: Simsnet#1754
IGN: TheRealSimShady
by TheRealSimShady » 3 months ago
This seems very inefficient... requiring a forum post to sell something.  Why can't I just advertise on the server?

I was getting to that.

The Marketplace Forums are for selling very large or rare items, and by making a post here to buy, sell, or trade, you can not only do it in a moderated setting but also use your post as a sales log to keep track of who gets what.

You can still advertise items for sale on the server!  This is simply a dedicated section of the Forums that provides logging and a broad reach of item sales, to players both online and offline (rather than only online players in the server).

If you feel any shadiness (uncertainty, dubiousness), you may also contact an administrator to safely trade items and currencies between you and the other party, resulting in a complete and fraud-free exchange.

Here's what you should list in a marketplace post:

• IGN
  • Location of exchange (spawn, specific POI, etc)
  • Item(s) for sale
  • What you will ask for (money or items) and how much
  • Any transaction experience (more good transactions = more trust)
  • Any warranties (if no warranty is stated, sale is final)

The Marketplace has a few rules.  All forum rules apply.

1. Scams, trade of hacked/glitched/illegal/stolen items & currencies, as well as private discussion is prohibited.  ZERO-TOLERANCE!
  2. Services may only be offered by long-time players with high trust.
  3. All sales are FINAL unless otherwise stated by the seller.  If a tradeback or refund is requested, it must be initiated here.
  4. Staff reserve the final say on all marketplace posts, and can terminate an exchange at any time for any reason.  This rule will be used, if at all, with proper reasoning.

Any player violating the rules will not be banned from the forum, but be banned from the Marketplace.

Good luck with your future sales!